Friday, February 12, 2016

Travel Bug Itching


      I love to travel.  I wish I did more of it. Lately my travel bug is itching to go traveling so I figure I would through my photos.  For the past few years we have been going to the area of Charleston, South Carolina.  If you have never been there, as a photographer it is a place you need to go to.  There is so much to photograph!!  When we go there is never enough time to do and photograph all that we/I want to do.  It also seems like every time we go it is rainy so not the best for site seeing and photography. We did manage to get in Rainbow Row and Magnolia Cemetery.
     Rainbow row is a MUST!!!  I think I could go there every time we visit and take photos down East Bay Street which is where Rainbow Row is located.  Rainbow Row is a section of the street where all the houses are painted different colors of the rainbow.  It is beautiful.  I have read the best time to go there is during sunrise or during the golden hour, sunset.  During the golden hours it is said that the light reflects off the buildings making them look even prettier than they are.  That is a goal for the next time we go.  There is so much besides Rainbow Row houses to photograph there is wrought iron fences, door knockers, painted shutters, cobblestone streets the list can go on and on.
      Magnolia Cemetery, well if you like cemeteries then you should stop there.  There is a section just for Confederate Soldiers.  Families have fenced in sections, there are very unique stones one is the shape of a cradle (really sad). The day we went was a rainy drizzly day so it made for good photos.  It is a huge cemetery so bring your walking shoes.
     These are just a few photos taken while there.  I look forward to going back and getting more images and a new adventure.
Rainbow Row 1

Rainbow Row 2

Rainbow Row, Window Boxes

Bent Fence

Aged Headstones

Baby Rosalie Raymond


   

No comments:

Post a Comment