Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Antiquing in Arcadia


     We took a drive to downtown Arcadia after seeing a friends photos from here.  There is not much to downtown except shop after shop of Antiques.  It was heaven.  I love to go antiquing.  If you are looking for a certain antique I think  you will find it here.  
     My latest collection are the pink and green 1960's Christmas Ornaments.  I love everything about them, they are pink and sparkly, need I say more. I did manage to not purchase all of them maybe because they are not all pink. 
   
There is a shop there The Old Opera House.  We were disappointed the shop owner had to close shop early as he was not feeling well.  We only got about 10 minutes in there.  We will defiantly be planning a trip back just to go there.It is jammed pack with antiques!!  There is a room just for vinyl records, hundreds of them.  You can walk up to the stage where I found some of the original machinery for the Opera House.  


 An old Film Camera Circa 1910
The original machinery for the Opera House elevator (doors behind are the elevator)

The ceiling of the stage


The Record Room

 Below are just  a few images that really caught my eye.
 Antique record player

Old fishing gear
Old Kitchen tools

Antique Ford @ the Tea and Biscuit restaurant

Where we stood.  I liked the tile work on the outside of the store.


No comments:

Post a Comment